Sunday, November 20, 2005

"Reflections of the Past" By AB

Reflections of the past,
keep stealing my time,
Robbing my sainity,
Robbing my mind,
I push them back down,
Deep down, disguised,
But they 've taken there toll,
And broken my inside,
I am exposed,
My feelings, denied,
I try to run,
But lost my pride,
Torn appart,
And left to die,
I pick up the piece,
As the pain subsides,
Clinging to my future,
As the past collides,
Feeling so dead,
Yet so alive,
Tossed upon a life raft,
Asking of my inner guide,
Searching for my dignity,
No were left to hide,
Letting go my shame,
As I swim agginst the tide,
I crossed the mighty ocean,
But, shame met me on the other side.

6 comments:

shari said...

:( I'm sad.

shari said...

You can still see the strong spirit that shines through all your poems, AB.

Abigail Alexis~ said...

:P This is honestly not my favorite poem I have written. However, it is how I feel." I crossed the mighty ocean, but shame met me on the other side." These lines sum up the poem. Sometimes I wonder how long I must punish myself for the past. Shame can eat you alive, and steal your sanity. Don't let it. Easly said, but hard to do. :P AB

Agent M said...

I love the porm AB! I think I already said that..:D

Agent M said...

Oops sorry! :)
But like I said, It IS good!

Abigail Alexis~ said...

No problemo Mohan, I always have am underlying tread that connect each post to the next.

Did you read The poem before this one? Maybe you missed it. :) AB