Monday, September 19, 2005

"Thier Screams Were Never Heard" by AB

When is it right to injure,
We are killing them every day,
If I inflict, than I am a torcher,
And that is not my way.
What is the differance between us,
If I don't speak my mind,
If I can't stand for myself,
Then let me stand at there side.
They are still and quite.
Thier lives they did not give.
Thier lives were taken from them,
Thier lives no more to live.
They screamed, and begged and pleaded.
They cried, but with never a word.
And so they screamed in silance,
A plead that no one heard.
Thier love ones died before them,
Sometimes they watched them die,
Thier eyes were sick and pleading,
For someone to hear thier cry.
They don't speak our language,
But I could understand,
And if you to would listened,
Beside us you might stand.

5 comments:

Val said...

Geez, AB, that's a poem that really says something. :-)


-V

shari said...

It sure does....It makes me think of alot of things going on in this world of ours.......what were you referring to Ab?

Abigail Alexis~ said...

Shari, for the meaning of the poem, remeber the thread. :)

After Iwrote it, I related it to a lot of other things as well thaugh. This world we live in is a crazy place.

Val, thanks for the nice comment. AB :)

12:24 AM

Abigail Alexis~ said...

This is an animal rights poem.

theBlueNibble said...

Ok , thats it. u finally convinced me that vegitarianism is the way to b. so no more meat for me! i actually never saw it from the chickens point of view. The poem is really heart touching.