Sunday, March 19, 2006

I Have Wings in My Heart by AB

Smoke rising,
In ashes lie your broken promises,
Free from their burden I sit,
Warmed by their heat,

Today is just a day
.A day for rejoicing,
But not for us,for all.
For life, for living.

Gone are the days I waited,
Waited for you to change,
Wondering if you could,
Wishing you wanted us,

Lost are the feelings of hope,
Hope that we could be a family,
Hope that you could be at peace ,
As you, for us.

Shed your doubts and fears,
They have no place on my door step,
Bold and bright are the days ahead,
Happy and fulfilled my heart beats strong

I have not crumbled at your departure,but rejoiced.
Only the song from my heart rings louder,
Shadows of the past, slip quietly from my mind.
I morn not for their comforts.

Peace, finds me in sleep,
Joy, my new friend,
I know love, and it teaches me well,
Let go , let me fly,

like a fiery bird,
Let me rise from the ashes,
Let me live a new day,
I have wings in my heart

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love this. Do you mind if I put this in the sidebar of my blog for a while?

Abigail Alexis~ said...

TY abitwicked !

I don't mind a bit abbyness, I am rather flattered !

:) AB

shari said...

That is very beautiful, and once again reveals the strength of the poet..... :)